* Although we haven’t tried this dish out yet, I think it looks delicious and perfect for breakfast. Please try it out, and let us know how it went :) + It takes a couple of minutes!
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten with a fork
- 1 tbs finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbs finely chopped mixed herbs (chives, chervil, tarragon), plus chervil to garnish
- 5g (1 tsp) unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbs finely grated gruyere cheese
- Smoked salmon and sour cream, to serve
- Beat eggs in a bowl with a fork, add cream and herbs, then beat again to combine. Place the butter and oil in a non-stick frypan over medium heat, swirling to coat pan. When butter begins to foam, increase heat to high, add egg mixture and swirl to coat pan. Leave for 5 seconds, then, when edges begin to bubble, push liquid at edges towards centre of pan, tilting to fill gaps. Continue pushing liquid and tilting pan for about 2-3 minutes until omelette is almost set. Add cheese, then tip pan to one side and use a spatula to gently fold omelette in half. Slide onto a plate, top with smoked salmon and a dollop of sour cream, and serve immediately.
- Omelettes are very quick to cook, so have everything ready before you start.